14 Jul Minimize Transaction Time with CanPay, Now Eligible for Use at Fine Fettle in Rowley, MA
What Is CanPay and How to Use It?
Because the sale and use of cannabis is not federally legal in the United States, major credit card providers like MasterCard and Visa refuse to process dispensary transactions.
That means, until recently, anyone trying to purchase medical or adult use cannabis in Massachusetts had to pay with cash or use their debit card at an onsite ATM.
But there’s a new solution for making purchases at dispensaries or even online: CanPay!
What is CanPay?
CanPay is the first payment solution for cannabis sellers and customers. According to their website, it is “a debit payment app that functions like other debit and credit cards in your wallet. A debit in the exact amount of the transaction is made to your checking account at the time of purchase.”
You don’t need to pre-load the CanPay account with funds, and it’s completely free with no fees for the consumer.
How to Use CanPay
Before you can use CanPay, you need to apply for the account. You will need to provide some personal and financial information. This may take up to 3 business days to verify, and then you will be notified of your account status through email.
Once you’re approved, you can spend up to $250 a day with your CanPay account.
When you’re ready to make a cannabis purchase, use the mobile app on your phone to go to the CanPay site. CanPay provides a single-use code which you need to give to the dispensary employee who is checking you out. You can only use this code for 30 minutes after you requested it, as an additional security measure. When you request funds, CanPay will add a debit to your checking account for the amount needed to make the purchase. Think of it like Venmo for marijuana!
Remember, you can only use CanPay at approved retailers, including Fine Fettle.
Why use CanPay?
CanPay is the most convenient and safe way to purchase cannabis right now. Here are just a few reasons to apply for an account:
- No fees: Unlike ATMs, there are no convenience fees for the consumer to pay.
- Pay Directly Online: With our online store, you can pay right at checkout. With this, you can be in and out of the dispensary in seconds, not even minutes
- Convenience: Who carries cash with them anymore? With CanPay, you don’t have to remember to run to the bank or pay a fee to use our ATM before you go to the dispensary.
- Safety: You don’t have to worry about losing a large amount of cash
- Security: CanPay is a completely secure app, using state-of-the-art technology to keep your money and information safe.
- It’s easy!: Using CanPay is much easier and faster than any other payment method.
Use CanPay at Fine Fettle
Fine Fettle is proud to be one of the dispensaries partnered with CanPay. We want to do everything we can to make both medical and adult use cannabis accessible for people, including making it easier to pay. Sign up for CanPay here, and let us know if you have any questions!