How to Transfer

How to Transfer Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Connecticut

If you already are a patient in the medical marijuana program with an active Medical Marijuana card, transferring dispensaries is a simple process. Follow these three easy steps or come in to the dispensary, meet with one of our team members, and get help submitting your transfer form.

Step One

Newington – Fill out this Change of Dispensary Facility Form linked here.
Willimantic – Fill out this Change of Dispensary Facility Form linked here.

* Please note, your signature must be hand signed! So, make sure you print the form.

Step Two

Once the form is completed and signed, you have a few options to send it into the state:

  • Email:
  • Fax: (860) 706-5361
  • Mail it to the Department of Consumer Protection, Attention Medical Marijuana Program at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Suite 901, Hartford, CT 06103-1840

Get our help: Take a photo and send it to We will send it in for you!

Step Three

It usually takes the state 24-72 hours to process and complete the transfer.


If you have any questions, please call us at 860-717-9333 in Willimantic or 860-333-9032 in Newington or email us at or If you would like assistance with your transfer or would like to meet with someone from our team, we are always here to help!


Question: How long does it take for the state of Connecticut to process medical marijuana patient registration transfers?
Answer: We generally see a transfer completed in 1-3 business days.

Question: Can I sign the transfer form on the computer using my name?
Answer: You must have a “wet” signature in your form. Everything in your form can be printed EXCEPT your signature.

Question: Can I just transfer whenever I want?
Answer: Yes, but with a caveat. You may transfer dispensaries up to four times per year in Connecticut.

Question: If I leave a dispensary can I transfer back?
Answer: Absolutely, but it must be within your four allotted transfers in a year. (see question 2)

Question: I can’t print my transfer form. Can you help me?
Answer: Absolutely, come into the dispensary and we will print and help fill out the form.